You’re about to be redirected
We notice you’re visiting us from a region where we have a local version of Inc.com.
READ THIS ARTICLE ON
Get Inc. Straight to Your Inbox
SIGN UP FOR TODAY’S 5 MUST READS
Despite having to climb the highest mountain and cross the largest ocean, you will never hear a successful entrepreneur say the words, “good enough.” A truly inspired leader does not settle for mediocre results–and they have the wisdom to separate what really matters from the minutiae of every day work and life.
I’ve always found it interesting that many influential leaders have at one point in their life experienced great personal challenges, even tragedies. They not only survive them, but shape them into a meaningful form of inspiration and motivation. That’s what the 22 women featured in the newly released book, Resilient Women Overcoming Mediocrity have done. I found this collection of their stories and words of wisdom not only encouraging, but also eye-opening.
Here are a few quotes from the authors to inspire you as you climb the mountains and cross the oceans to reach your dreams.
- “Don’t let the world tell you who you are, only you get to decide.” – Jennifer Truesdale
- “Next time life’s GPS sends you astray, take a deep breath, hold on tight and get ready for the ride.” – Michelle Sutter
- “Believe in yourself, trust your gut, surround yourself with resilient people who inspire you to be better and work hard.” – Monique Hicks
- “Resilience is merely putting one foot in front of the other to keep moving–in spite of your fears.” – Jennifer Pestikas
- “Every choice makes a difference as we get ourselves unstuck and move toward the life we desire. Select your choices wisely.” – Angie Engstrom
- “Being healthy is more than just a number on the scale or the number from a test. These numbers are simply a moment in time.” – Sharan Tash
- “Love Well. It makes all things possible.” – Marci D. Toler
- “Your mess is your message! Your resilience comes from not giving up on yourself; figuring it out is the most beautiful adventure that you’ll ever have.” – Misty Totzke
- “Do one thing each day that scares you.” – Melissa Laverty
- “Resilience is the willingness to not quit, to challenge your habits, and to stay determined to make a difference– first for yourself and then for the rest of the world.” – Jackie Simmons
- “By accepting personal responsibility in life, and showing your scars, you can heal yourself and your excel in business.” – Nancy Abramovitz
- “Live life to the fullest, keep your dreams alive, uplift each other, share a smile and a hug.” – Ylona Cavalier
- “Anything truly worth having is well worth the pain or fear it sometimes takes to it.”
– Dorci Hill
- “Become your best self by investing in your education, finding positive aspects in adverse situations, and fulfilling your life purpose.” – Irina Zlatogorova
- “Life is about making our own choices, our own mistakes, and fighting our own battles. We all deserve to follow our own unique path.” – Svietlana Lavrentidi
- “It’s time to let go of the frozen, stagnant ideals of traditional success.” – Michele Riley Swiderski
- “God not only uses our trails to better equip us to help others, he also brings us the right people at the right time with the right resources so that our impact in the world will be greater.” – La Tanya Hinton
- “Second chances are a gift. From them, we can help others grow and learn from our mistakes.” – Danielle Di Cosola
- “Everyone deserves a great life. Amazing things can happen when you step outside of your comfort zone.” – Kathy Rosner
- “Never take a “no” from someone who was never empowered to give you a “yes” in the first place.” – Sherry Rauch/Dehbozorgi
- “When someone does not like you it does not define you, it only defines them.”
– Jeanmarie Dwyer-Wrigley
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.
- No Related Posts